Increasing registrations and attendance is always a main goal when it comes to the success of your event. The question is, how do you make it happen?
Gaining new attendees and increasing event attendance can seem daunting. We have put together five tips that will help make it a little bit easier and give you some insight on how to bring in more attendees.
- Content and Value – The content of your event can be a deciding factor when it comes to getting attendees to follow through with registration. By focusing on the quality of the sessions, presentations, and keynotes, you can ensure their value to attendees. This will have them walking away from your event with a fulfilling, worthwhile experience.
- Career-Focused Opportunities - It is important to remember that new attendees you are looking to bring in are most likely from the next generation of your industry. With these attendees, often young professionals, in the early to mid-career stage you can focus on offering career advancing opportunities to entice their attendance. For example, create an onsite career fair giving them a chance to explore the different facets of the industry. You can also tailor some of the sessions to their career path.
- Location, Location, Location – The choice of location where your event is being hosted can determine if an attendee will register or not. Keep in mind the appeal of your event’s destination, overall cost, and travel expenses when making the decision of where to host your next event.
- Education is Important – Attendees are incredibly focused on the education value of an event when they are making the decision to attend. Create opportunities for attendees to learn new ideas and garner new information on both the exhibit floor and sessions to drive attendance rates up.
- Giveaways and Swag – Your attendees most likely already have tote bags from events they have attended in the past and aren’t looking to add another one to their collection. When it comes to giveaways and swag, think outside the box of the normal items and give attendees something with more value. Attendees go to so many sessions during your event and most of the information from these sessions or presentations is quickly forgotten after the event is over. Offer them a book or audio product from the speaker or presenter that they can reference and use long after they have attended. By providing something of value that they will most likely use repeatedly, attendees are more likely to come back again and encourage others to attend as well.
Attendees are knowledgeable, experienced consumers. Finding new and innovative ways to make your event valuable and exciting is imperative to getting them to show up. As you are planning your next event, keep in mind these helpful tips to maximize attendance and keep attendees coming back year after year.